Something old, something new, something borrowed, and maybe a comfortable pair of shoes? Not every bride can picture herself walking down the aisle in vertiginous heels – after all, comfort is key when you want to last through your wedding day. If you're on the hunt for a killer pair of bridal flats that's equal parts comfy and chic, we've got 'em right here: glamorous, casual, and even quirky options for every bride.
Featuring glitter and a whole lotta glamour, these flats prove that you don't have to skimp on style when eschewing heels. Chic designer options are aplenty: from Valentino's trendy Rockstuds to the classically pretty Jimmy Choo satin flats. Plus, you can never go wrong with a dash of metallic. Case in point? The oh-so-chic mirrored-leather flats from Miu Miu.
1. Valentino Rockstud Textured Leather Flats, US$945, from Net-a-Porter
2. Charlotte Olympia Kitty Flats, €470
3. Miu Miu Glitter-trimmed Point-Toe Flats, US$870, from Net-a-Porter
4. Christian Louboutin Follies Strass Flat, $1,590
5. Jimmy Choo Alina Ivory Satin Flats, €650.00
Be it for an intimate beachside affair or a quickie civil ceremony at City Hall, casual never looked this chic with these flats. Lace-up gladiator sandals, metallic slides, and even lace espadrilles for a touch of luxe-meets-laid back: the choices are endless!
1. Tabitha Simmons Willa Perforated Leather Point-Toe Flats, US$602, from Net-a-Porter
2. FENDI Flower Appliqué Sliders, $1,067.60, from FarFetch
3. Loeffler Randall Bo Gladiator Sandals, US$225, from Shopbop
4. J. Crew Slingback Glitter Flats, $351.50
5. Valentino Avorio Lace Espadrille Flats, US$545, from Bergdorf Goodman
Who says you can't be a little tongue-in-cheek on your wedding day? Perfect for the rebel bride with unconventional tastes, these flats are equal parts fun and fabulous (and don't forget comfortable too!). Our top picks? Glitter slippers by Chiara Ferragni (for a touch of whimsy) and those too-adorable-to-resist bunny sneakers that'll have you tearin' it up on the dance floor all night long.
1. Chiara Ferragni Flirting Glitter Slippers, $€315
2. Jeffrey Campbell Leta Pearl Leather Flats, $208, from Nasty Gal
3. Sophia Webster Bibi Butterfly Metallic Leather Flats, $511, from Neiman Marcus
4. Minna Parikka Bunny Sneakers, $347.46, from FarFetch
5. Melissa Backless + Alexandre Herchcovitch Open Oxford, $148